Vishva Hindu Parishad, Dakshin Banga organized Ganga Sagar Seva Sibir this year also which is 32nd year or such sibir. This sibir is being organized in two places – 1. Outram Ghat, Kolkata and 2. Ganga Sagar Island.
1. Outram Ghat Sibir was inaugurated on 10th January 2011 at 3.00 p.m. The program was attended by:
1. Sri Mohan Lal Pareek, C.A., a social worker and President of Pareek Sabha, Kolkata.
2. Sri Biswanath Agarwala, Secretary of Posta Bazar Merchant Association, renowned Businessman and social worker.
3. Smy. Parankush Ramanuj Parasar Maharaj.
4. Sri Adwait Charan Dutta, Purwakhetra Pracharak of RSS.
5. Sri Nand Lal Lohia, Central Jt. Secretary and Prantiya Vice-President of VHP.
Many other distinguished persons, businessmen, industrialist and social workers.
Sri Nand Lal Lohia welcomed the august gathering and detailed the various seva works being done by VHP in Bengal as well as all over India. He detailed the Seva Sibir being arranged every year at Melas of Gamga Sagar and RamKali near Malda. Such sibirs are organized at al the renowned Religious Melas and Tirth. He also informed about the Status of Sri Ram Janma Bhumi and readout the resolution passed by Central Governing council & Trustee Board meeting at Goa on 8th January 2011.
Sri Adwait Charan Dutta highlighted the present-day scenario and emphasized the greater role of Hindus to save it from the onslaught from various fronts. He appealed all Hindus to be united to save themselves.
There is arrangements for Meal, Tiffin, Tea, Snacks, Dry Ration, Firewood, Post, Telephone, Medical Treatment with Ambulance etc. round the clock at both the Camps. Neary 500 persons at Outramghat and 2500 persons at Sagar Island Camp can stay at a time at these Camps where pilgrims from all over India are pouring in. These Camps serve nearly 50,000 – 80,000 pilgrims